Click here for complete posting guidelines
Please Read Before Adding Images
- Currently, this site only accepts images in the JPEG (.jpg) format.
- The whole point of this website is high quality album
artwork. There are only three kinds of images that should posted here:
- Album cover art that already looks really, really good. Read the complete posting guidelines to make sure you understand what
"really, really good" means. We are very fussy (perhaps even insanely, obnoxiously fussy)
- Artwork that might not be perfect, but it's at least good high-resolution source material
that other users with Photoshopping skills can use as a starting point for creating great
- "Best possible" restoration work which, while it might not look absolutely great, still looks
better than any other online images that can be found for the same albums at Amazon.com, Buy.com,
Walmart.com, etc., and better than what iTunes will automatically download for you.
- 600×600 resolution is the preferred size for images (600×528 for wide-format images, like printed cardboard CD sleeves). If you upload a larger size image, please post a smaller 600×600 or 600x528 etc. image as well.
- Raw scans meant for other people to edit should be from 1000 to 1500 pixels in width and height. You are welcome to post larger "ready-to-go" (i.e. not "needs work" stuff) versions of artwork as long as you post a 600 x 600.
- 500×500/500×440 are minimum acceptable resolutions only when that is the best source material you can find and a larger size is not already in the gallery. 400×400 is only acceptable for miniature CD3 artwork
- Almost, but not quite square artwork, like 600×597, is annoying. Please read the forums for tips on fixing such issues.
- Do not overly compress JPEG images. 600×600 images should generally be about 200-600K in size
for good quality — the more texture and detail, the larger the file should be to preserve
- Please learn about
color profiles and color management and try to include color profiles in your posted
- This site is for official artwork only. Do not upload fan-made or fantasy artwork.
- Do not upload duplicates of existing images. Duplicate images that are not of superior quality will be removed from the gallery. Check the gallery for duplicates prior to uploading.